Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Waves

Overwhelmed
Waves wash over me
One after another
Sand shifting beneath my feet
I stumble backwards
Regain my balance
Start forward again
Another wave
The tide gains strength
The waves grow higher
But I’m getting stronger, too
Learning what to expect
Brace myself for impact
When to stand firm
When to relax
Let myself be carried
By the currents of the sea
To places I don’t know
Unfamiliar lands
That I’d never have a chance to see
If I fought each wave
Trying to stay
Where maybe I’m not meant to be

1 comment:

  1. "If I fought each wave
    Trying to stay
    Where maybe I’m not meant to be"

    FIrst of all, this is beautiful!! Second, the lines I posted here, I am learning this lesson...but it seems to be true that letting go can lead us to wear God wants us to be. Even if it means letting go of something that isn't necessarily bad, but isn't ideal in God's eyes. At least I think that was the point you were aiming for. I need to stop fighting the waves and visualize myself floating along!

    ReplyDelete