Thursday, August 7, 2014

One Thousand Blessings

I'm reading a book called One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp. In it she talks about how she learned "eucharisteo" - grace, joy and thanksgiving.  She took a dare to list 1,000 things she loved and it changed her.  It taught her gratitude.  It taught her to see God in the little things all around us.  So, now I'm taking the dare.  Can I list one thousand blessings that I see from God?

Here it goes:

1. Little boy cheeks kissed by the sun during a day by the lake
2. Beach sand shimmering like gold, full of mica
3. My daughter engrossed in a book that I also loved as a child
4. My son being snuggly
5. Grandfather and grandson building a dam in a creek
6. My 10 year old daughter's observation that  "Malificent had a tragic backstory"


Would anyone like to join me in finding one thousand blessings in the world around us?

No comments:

Post a Comment